Designability is recruiting for a brand new role - Head of Services
Designability is a national charity which designs and provides innovative products which transform the lives of people with disabilities.
We work with adults and children with primarily physical disabilities, creating life changing assistive products and technologies, through every stage from research and engagement, product design, prototyping and manufacturing. Products are available either for sale or through our charitably funded loan schemes.
We want products and technology to be more accessible to everyone. Our team follow the principles of human-centred design which means that everything we develop is done in response to what people tell us they need. Our aim is for people to achieve greater independence and happiness in their lives – goals that benefit all of society.
Who we are looking for
Designability’s Head of Services will join us at an eciting time to oversee the expansion of the Wizzybug Loan Scheme.
Wizzybug is an innovative powered wheelchair designed specifically for young children, created by Designability after many years of research and development, providing disabled children with independent mobility, often for the first time in their lives.
With thanks to the generosity of donors and supporters, we provide Wizzybugs to disabled children free of charge throughout the UK.
We are planning for a significant expansion of this service and as Head of Services the successful candidate will drive that expansion, working closely with the Clinical Lead and the team. In addition, they will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, clinical teams and service users to effectively manage partnerships and increase user referrals whilst also achieving excellent levels of services to disabled people and their families and carers. They will also play a significant role in leading the launch of new services which are currently in planning stage.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced Senior Manager with a strong track record of operating at a strategic level within a charitable, support service or service delivery environment
- Have experience of managing teams and building relationships internally
- Have the skills to influence and effectively manage relationships with external stakeholders and partners
- Be an inspiring leader with the ability to think strategically, with a broad vision and with the skill to translate strategy into action
- Have experience of addressing complex and challenging issues for service users, ideally within the disability, healthcare services or related field
- Have the ability to understand complex health-related and clinical issues
How to apply
Prospectus has been appointed as Search Partner to Designability and will manage the recruitment process.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your CV in word format via the Prospectus website. Suitable candidates will then be contacted and will be asked to complete a supporting statement.
Designability is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive and diverse culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
Closing Date for applications is 2nd August 2021.