Designability’s EngD research student, Thomas, is looking for people living with dementia and their family carer to take part in online interviews. The interviews are the final part of his research project exploring how augmented reality could help people living with dementia at home.
An example of how augmented reality might be able to help someone to complete a task is showing them a visual cue of how the objects need to be manipulated in order to achieve that task, like moving something from one area to another.
By helping with this study, you will be helping Thomas to gather user perceptions of the augmented reality cues he has been working on.
What does the study involve?
- You will be invited to join an online video call to discuss the information sheet.
- If you decide to take part, you will be asked to complete a short online questionnaire before the main interview.
- You will then attend a separate online session (the ‘main interview’) where you will be asked to watch a series of videos on your computer screen and to comment on what you see.
The interview is likely to take up to 1.5 – 2 hours in total.
Who can take part?
Thomas is looking for pairs of participants to take part in his study.
Pairs – Person living with dementia and a close family carer:
- You both need to be at least 18 years old;
- You live together at home;
- One person has a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or vascular dementia (or mixed dementia of both) and the other person is a close family carer providing regular support.
You cannot take part if:
- you have a visual impairment that means you are unable to easily watch videos online, because the interview involves commenting on the visual aspects of multiple videos.
- you have taken part in a study related to this project before.
Where and when will the study take place?
The interview will be carried out online. You can take part from the comfort of your own home. If you are interested in taking part, then we will arrange a date and time that suit you. You only need to attend one interview, which will take place on a different day after the online video call to discuss the information sheet.
Why you should get involved
- It’s an exciting and interesting opportunity to be involved with research using an up-and-coming technology.
- All participants will be sent a £20 high street shopping voucher via post as a thank you for taking part in the interview.
How to take part
If you are interested in taking part or if you have any questions, please get in touch with Thomas on 01225 824103 or send him an email.