Date: Sunday 8th September 2019
Grab those paddles and go for glory on the waters of Bath in a bid to be crowned top dragons!
The third race date is set...
Once again we are calling on you to:
Build your crew, Grab your paddles and Go for glory!
Dragon Boat Racing is an ancient Chinese tradition and the fastest growing water activity in Britain today – as well as the most fun! Up to 11 people will paddle each 30’ boat with a drummer up front beating time and a helm at the tail steering a straight course.
No previous experience is required, just plenty of team spirit!
A chance to be crowned Bath's top dragons
The previous races have seen the likes of Health Bath, Bath Abbey, Advance Investments, Bath Dolphin Swim Club, Arke Ltd, SRA Architects and Stone King battle it out on the waters.
There is a whole day’s racing hosted by Gable Events, with round robin heats followed by semi-finals and final. Even if you bow out gracefully early on you are going to get an least three attempts to beat the other teams!
Rules for the crews
- Crews must comprise of at least 8-10 paddlers plus a drummer.
- Crews can be mixed, all female or all male and you are able to enter more than one crew.
- You must be 16 or over to take part but no previous experience of dragon boat racing is required.
The fee we require per Dragon Boat is £500 (around £45 per person for a crew of 11)
We then ask that you raise a minimum of £600 in sponsorship for Designability.
- Dragon boats, qualified helms and all racing equipments
- At least three races per crew
- Trophy for the winners and medals for the top three crews
All the funds that you raise will help to support us to design and engineer helpful products that transform the lives of people living with a disability or long-term health condition.
By supporting us, you are enabling others to live their life with greater independence, dignity and happiness, every day.