A bit more about Rae
Rae’s role involves reviewing all applications to the Wizzybug Loan Scheme, clinical assessments with children and their families and therapists, and support throughout their loan.
She regularly attends children’s exhibitions and gives training to therapists.
Rae conducts and supports research into Early Years Powered Mobility, advises on product development and is an accredited practice placement student educator (Royal College of Occupational Therapists). She is a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and their specialist children’s section.
APPLE accredited (RCOT, 2017)
BSc Occupational Therapy (First Class Degree)
PGCE (Teaching Mathematics)
Children’s Occupational Therapist at Claremont Special School, Bristol
Children’s Occupational Therapist with North Somerset Local Authority
Mathematics teacher at Courtlands Special School and Cotham School, Bristol
Expertise and interests
- Early years powered mobility
- Children’s seating and posture
- Working together with families, carers and health professionals
- Research into early years powered mobility
- Rae has been a voluntary leader of a well-established toddler group for over 10 years